Intelligent Fibre-Optic Gyro (iFG) - Heading & Motion Sensor
- Solid state - robust and reliable
- Low drift rate. Excellent stability, linearity, resolution and repeatability
- State of the art display software
- User programmable output modes and filter parameters
- Multiple interface options
- Minimal maintenance costs
- High shock rating
- Very compact
- Replacement of high maintenance mechanical (aircraft type) gyro compass systems
- Live back up for survey (North seeking) gyro compass systems
- Improved heading and autopilot stability in the presence of fluctuating external magnetic fields
- Compatible with the Tritech ARCNET network of survey products
The Tritech iFG (Intelligent Fibre-Optic Gyro) provides additional heading stability when combined with the Tritech Intelligent Gyro Compass (iGC), or other heading and motion reference units (MRUs).
The iFG uses a single-axis FOG sensor, mounted inside an extruded aluminum housing and can typically reduce heading drift errors more effectively than most magnetically referenced aircraft gyros.
An on-board processor manages the FOG sensor interface, mode selection, power supplies and water ingress sensing (for use if the iFG is mounted inside its own pod). The iFG provides internal compensation for pitch and roll angles using data from the iGC attitude sensors.
The iFG receives magnetic heading and pitch and roll data from the iGC; using proprietary slaving algorithims, it then provides an output of stabilised heading with low drift rate. Output data is transmitted to the 3 serial ports provided.
Additional (external) interface cards are available when an iGC/ iFG is fitted to existing ROVs to replace a mechanical gyro compass. This provides specific communication protocol compatibility and analogue (autopilot) functionality.
Latest Gallery Images & Videos
View the full selection of sonar images and videos in our gallery.