- Easily transportable, fits in a small rucksack
- Plug & Play, ease of use with USB interface to any Windows PC
- Ease of integration, Software Development Kit available
- Smallest towfish side scan sonar systems available
- Full-body, three-fin, hydrodynamic design, to improves stability, when flying through the water
- Easily powered from almost any source
- Simple, intuitive software
- Law Enforcement/ Homeland Security
- Wreck Location/ Archaeology Survey
- Dive Clubs
- Academic Research
The Original Side Scan Sonar (Shallow Water).
The StarFish range has gained worldwide recognition as the most compact, affordable, towed side scan sonars for the professional underwater survey industry.
The full-body, three-fin, hydrodynamic design of the StarFish systems challenge the common cylindrical or torpedo-shape of traditional side scan sonars. The unique shape of the StarFish systems dramatically improves the stability of the sonar and consequently the quality of the images it produces. Furthermore, the advanced digital CHIRP (Compressed High Intensity Radar Pulse) acoustic techniques used by StarFish systems offer better range resolution compared to conventional, fixed-frequency side scan sonars.
The StarFish 450F is the original StarFish Seabed Imaging System and continues to offer a powerful, yet affordable, entry-level side scan sonar system for shallow water survey work. Since its launch in 2007, the StarFish 450F has gained worldwide recognition as the most portable, affordable, towed side scan sonar on the market. The system is powered by a 450kHz CHIRP transmission, to provide a wide range sonar coverage up to 100m/ 300ft per channel (200m/ 600ft total swathe) with good, clear image definition. This model is also available as a hull-mounted version (StarFish 450H).
The range also includes two higher specification units in high-visibility colours: StarFish 452F, a high-frequency system available in reinforced yellow polyurethane rubber and the StarFish 990F, which offers both higher frequency and resolution and is available in reinforced red polyurethane rubber.
Tritech Knowledge Base - Learn more about:
Latest Gallery Images & Videos
View the full selection of sonar images and videos in our gallery.