SeaKing Hammerhead - Mechanical Scanning Sonar 360º
- Smaller targets easier to identify
- Built in compass for absolute bearing reference
- Attitude sensors to allow accurate positioning
- Unique dual seal arrangement for increased reliability
- Reduced downtime - transducer assembly easy to replace in the field
- Twice the resolution than other mechanical sonars
- DST (Digital Sonar Technology)
- Ultra-narrow horizontal beam angles for maximum resolution
- Dual channel, dual frequency operation
- 675kHz for large area survey up to 100m
- 935kHz for high definition target examination at up to 40m
- Integral Attitude Sensor for static and dynamic deployment information
- Geo-referenced plotter display
- Motor-driven shaft uses a unique dual seal arrangement for maximum reliability in adverse conditions
- Static seabed deployment for tasks including: area survey, object location, diver monitoring
- Civil engineering projects such as bridge pier inspection
- ROV deployed for tasks including mattress lay, debris clearance
The SeaKing Hammerhead is at the forefront of sonar technology, offering high resolution, 360º mechanical scanning imaging.
Utilising a wide transducer aperture, the SeaKing Hammerhead has a very fine mechanical step size and proven Digital Sonar Technology (DST), for outstanding image quality.
The operational range of the SeaKing Hammerhead is increased with two frequencies; a high chirped 935 kHz frequency to enable high resolution imagery and a second chirped frequency, 675 kHz to allow for long range capability.
The wide transducer design allows for a very narrow horizontal beam to be created on both frequencies, to increase image resolution.
In addition, the SeaKing Hammerhead has a built in attitude sensor, which makes the unit ideal for tripod deployment*, giving the user a clear indication as to the position of the unit relative to the seabed. The unit also has an integrated three axis compass, to allow the sonar image bearing to be continually displayed and updated.
Tritech’s SeaKing range of mechanical imaging sonars comprises the Super SeaKing, Super SeaPrince, Micron and SeaKing Hammerhead sonar. All products in the SeaKing family (or third-party products within the ArcNet communications link), can be run simultaneously, using the same processor and display; such as Tritech’s Surface Control Unit (SCU) or a customer supplied PC or laptop.
*The SeaKing Hammerhead is available as a standalone sonar or as a complete survey package with top box and deployment tripod.
Latest Gallery Images & Videos
View the full selection of sonar images and videos in our gallery.